The 9th DRC (Danube Rectors’ Conference) Summer School on Regional Co-operation took place from July 1, untill July 8, 2012 in Marburg, Slovenia. The DRC Summer School was organised annually under the intellectual sponsorship of the Danube Rectors’ Conference. This years topic was: “Challenges for the European Union in the Next Decade – A View from the Danube Region”. Applications to the Summer School could be handed in until June 5, 2012.
[mks_tab_item title=”Target group:“]
- Max. 30 young scientists from the Danube Region and Central Europe
- Graduates who want to present their research projects to the students of the Summer School in the lectures
- Interested individuals from regional organisations, public administration and scientific institutions
[mks_tab_item title=”Workshop items:“]
- Migration: Brain Drain and Brain Circulation
- Environmental and Economic Challenges: A Chance for Sustainable Development?
- Research and Education: Opportunities to foster (Inter)regional Co-operation
- EU enlargement: Limits and Chances
[mks_tab_item title=”Working methods:“]
- Lectures by high level scientists, young graduates and experts (politicians, civil servants, representatives of regional organisations, NGOs, EU officials)
- Presentation of Best Practice projects
- Presentation of papers prepared by the participants
- Discussion in parallel workshops
- Presentation of the results of each working group and plenary discussion
- Working language is English.
[mks_dropcap style=”rounded” size=”40″ bg_color=”#2d4586″ txt_color=”#ffffff”]A[/mks_dropcap]pplications for participation could be handed in by e-mail to Mr. Zoltan Vörös (email@example.com) or fax and should have included the application form (see below), the CV of the applicant and an abstract max. 2 pages of the paper that should have presented in the framework of the Summer School. The participants were selected by a jury taking into account the guidance of the presidency of the Danube Rectors’ Conference (DRC).
[mks_dropcap style=”rounded” size=”40″ bg_color=”#a92460″ txt_color=”#ffffff”]T[/mks_dropcap]he registration fee of the Summer School was EUR 200.-, the contribution to the expenses for board and accommodation was EUR 230.-
The deadline for application was June 5, 2012, after the acceptance of your paper the registration and board and accommodation fees have to be paid by June 20, 2012. Please find more details on the application form.
After the acceptance of your paper the registration (EUR 100.-) and board and accommodation fees have to be paid by April 15, 2012.
Please find further information in the Call description (see below) or at: www.drcsummerschool.eu
[mks_tab_item title=”Related organisations:“]