Prizes will be awarded to projects and ideas that contribute to beautiful, sustainable and inclusive places, in four categories:
• reconnecting with nature;
• regaining a sense of belonging;
• prioritising the places and people that need it most;
• fostering long-term, lifecycle and integrated thinking in the industrial ecosystem.
In each of the categories, there are two parallel competition strands:
• The ‘New European Bauhaus Awards’ – for existing completed examples within the last two years; and
• The ‘New European Bauhaus Rising Stars’ – for concepts or ideas submitted by young creators under 30 years of age.
In addition to 16 prizes awarded by jury (one winner and one runner-up for each category and strand), two additional prizes will be selected by a public vote among top entries. In total, 18 winners will receive prize money of up to €30,000, as well as a communication package to help them further develop and promote their initiatives.
Applications are open until 28 February 2022 at 19:00 CET. Applicants of all nationalities and backgrounds are welcome, as long as their concepts, ideas and projects are developed or physically located in the EU.
More information is available on the following website: https://ec.europa.eu/commission/presscorner/detail/en/ip_22_347?fbclid=IwAR1z4Rz7hGNpGc5xhYyAMLWnqJ58i6mCjzNI_lGyykJQ3hYr7tw8H8ie8qU
Applications can be submitted here: https://prizes.new-european-bauhaus.eu/