Attention: The call is already closed!
The CEI Know-How Exchange Programme (KEP) aims at facilitating know-how and best practice transfers between institutions in EU and non-EU Member States of the CEI. By co-financing capacity building and technical assistance projects between these two country groups, the KEP also helps non-EU Member States to advance on their path towards EU standards and policies.
The KEP AUSTRIA Call for Proposals 2013 is now open to co-finance projects under the KEP supported by the Austrian government with funding from the Austrian Development Cooperation (ADC). KEP AUSTRIA focuses on the following areas of intervention: European Integration, Capacity Building and Market Economy; Infrastructure Planning and Development; Agriculture, Energy and Environment.
The overall indicative amount made available under this Call is 100.000 EUR. Up to 50% of the total project cost and not more than 40.000 EUR per project will be covered. The Project implementation is envisaged to start after 1 March 2013 and should not exceed 12 months.
Within the scope of KEP AUSTRIA Call for Proposal 2013 the following priority areas are of particular relevance for the EU Strategy for the Danube Region/Priority Area 9 “People and Skills”:
In the framework of priority “European Integration, Capacity Building and Market Economy”:
– European integration (preparing for the process of EU accession, including assistance in strategicdocuments; improving skills of the public administration; assistance in the drafting of laws in accordance with EU requirements);
– Strengthening the rule of law through the introduction of appropriate European standards;
– Strengthening capacities of central administration (including institution building, improvement of efficiency and performance of the State administration, application of high standards andtransparency in civil service and provision of adequate professional training for civil service employees)
– Improvement of local labour market efficiency and development of micro, small and medium-size enterprise sectors (including support to the start-up of SME, promotion of spin-offs and innovative enterprises, development of micro-credit schemes, and SME financing);
– Addressing social inclusion (supporting labour rights, labour unions, social dialogue, tackling gender inequalities, social exclusion and vulnerabilities; inclusion of vulnerable and disadvantaged groups, ethnic minorities and youth; support youth participation in the economy, strengthen jobs creation especially for the youth);
– Strengthening administrative structures at regional and local levels (including assistance in the preparation of development strategies, implementation of transparency measures for local government finance system, and human resources development for local administration employees).
– Strengthening the social advancement of the recipient countries (support civil society knowledge and build capacities to act in the field of public awareness concerning social inclusion, pro-poor development, good governance [like accountability or transparency…], human rights-based approach, and alike; promotion of corporate social responsibility, etc.).
KEP AUSTRIA Call for Proposals 2013
KEP AUSTRIA 2013_Rules and Procedures
KEP AUSTRIA 2013_Application Form